Monday, November 2, 2009

smattering smattering on the subway platform

f train notes:
women: why can't we be silent for a while instead of talking non-stop to fill the 'dead air' which is in fact, totally alive? i'm sure whatever guy we're with would rather just hold our hands anyway instead of being forced to nod and smile and pretend to understand that ridiculous fight we had with our mothers last week.

tonight:
it was odd and uncharacteristic tonight that i wanted to hold someone's hand. i wanted someone to lead me with their hand in the small of my back. why? is it because i'm lonely or interested? sometimes i can't tell and i'm too scared to decide. in uncertain terms i'm curious--and oddly happy.

this i know:
i know i want to travel. i know i want to be a part of a creative community, somewhere. i know that i want to fall so passionately in love. i know i want my husband to have rough whiskers and soft lips. i know i want to go camping with people i love and snuggle in sleeping bags too small for the both of us. i know i want to see the northern lights on a day where everything is vibrant and magical. i know i want to go to london and buy fresh produce and really have neighbors. i know i want to live in a house with a red door. i know i want to make my own recipe for apple pie. i know i want to be grabbed by the waist and spontaneously kissed. i know i want to not be obligated to a religion, but be alive in realized hope. i know i want to have a library like grandad's someday. i know i want to have someone to pass down mamaw's owl necklace to. i know i want to say 'i love you' first for once and mean it. i know i want to be with someone who sings, however off-key. i know i want to ride more horses. i know at my grandad's funeral i'll sing 'down by the old mill stream.' i know by the time i die i'll know where to find the best vanilla latte. i know that i'll teach my children how to say 'mama' and 'daddy' and 'go'. i know i look forward to the day when i'll get to have a daily chat with a four-year-old. i know there will be so many moments in my life when i'll sit back and say 'i'm so glad i met you.'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just found your blog because I was perusing facebook and there was some story about you in my newsfeed and I really liked your new profile picture so I clicked your profile. For some reason the first thing I do when I go to someone's facebook page is to look at their websites and there I found your blog. Now here I am. This was a really good first post to read, I enjoyed it a lot.