Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ye Olde

I'm just guessing, but since it's been a monthe there have probably been a lot of things in my life that I haven't updated on. Most recently, I have decided to become a connoisseur of olde english and tack on an extra silent 'e' to whatever I feel like needs/warrants some pizzaz(e) in my life.

not really.

i think i've become more sarcastic and cynical lately and i don't know why? am i becoming one of those jaded new yorkers? maybe--because sitting room on the subway becomes prize treasure that i will indeed fight for. on the subway i did see kenneth the page from 30 rock and almost peed my pants. i tried to be oh so cool when i got on the train, but i saw him and unbeknownst to me, my heart did a huge break dance k-kick spin around into my throat. so i was cool. i kept it together. i ran through my mind the various things that i could say to him. i deemed all evasive and possibly inappropriate. so i sat 6 or so seats away and did my best rendering of nonchalance. and then. the moment where i realized kenneth the page was a real human being...

we made eye contact.

ugh. stupid stupid stupid. i should've been the one to hold the eye contact, to smile, no smirk (would that be creepy?) at least. but i, like an awkward, obviously star-struck human ripped my glance back to my book of O'Neill plays. great jessika. just great, you could've been a normal human being making eye contact with kenneth the page, he could've become intrigued by your boldness to commit to eye contact, even to an awkward level, he could've smiled and THEN told me that he wants me to help out on the next episode of 30 rock and that I and Tina Fey would be the best of friends or I could at least pick up her latte and babysit for her every other week and then I'd get a background part on 30 rock which would bump up to a recurring role as kenneth the page's sister, or even better, his secret love and then we fall in love and get married in page suits with tina fey as the maid of honor and lorne michaels officiating.

that's what i missed out on, dammit.
it's 6:30am, this is what my brain is like at 6:30am.

also, i am thoroughly disgusted with myself for eating icing out of the container with a fork last night. who does that? i then reminded myself of the 'spread' that many women get and that made me put the fork down and fight the dreaded spread (in all senses of the word).

ramble # 99: walked home in the rain yesterday. looked like the girl from 'the ring'. decided i would NEVER want to kiss in the rain--it's like the sky is spitting on your face when you're cold and shivering and your mascara's running and now you have clump lashes. dancing in the rain is different, i mean, if i had a yellow slicker and a lamp post and could tap as well as gene kelly, it wouldn't matter if it was a flash flood.

i've got to make coffee now. expect more updates (hopefully less cynical) soon.

2 comments:

way said...

hilarious. i especially liked the gene kelly flash flood part. i didn't know which one kenneth the page was, so i wikipediaed him. you totally could have eye contacted him however the hell you want...he's beyond awkward, so nothing on your level is awkward.

way said...

oh...also...it hasn't just been a month. it's been a month and a half. i wouldn't make a deal out of it, but you made a deal out of it with me.